News & Blog
The right path to impressing guests and prospective buyers for your home may be right in front of your eyes — the driveway, walkway and front porch.
More than ever, homeowners are discovering, the best material for such things may be concrete pavers for several reasons.
- Are beautiful. They come in many shapes and colors. Suppliers stock rustic stone-like pavers and others that look like clay brick. Light colored pavers can offer a cooler surface around patios and pool decks.
- Don’t crack like asphalt or poured-in-place concrete. Each unit has joints that allow for a small amount of movement without cracking.
- Are easy to repair. You can remove and reinstate the same pavers with no ugly patches after repairs to the base or underground utilities. Other pavements can’t make this claim.
- Resist deterioration from freeze-thaw cycles and deicing salts better than other surfaces. Snow removal is the same as with other pavements. Interlocking concrete pavements can even accommodate snow melting systems. These consist of hot water filled tubing or radiant wires placed right in the pavement. They turn on automatically when a snowstorm starts, eliminating plowing, ice hazards and the need for de-icing salts.
- Resist oil and antifreeze that leak from cars, making the pavers particularly good for driveways.
- Can accommodate lighting fixtures that fit right into the paver pattern. These systems include wiring and a transformer that plug into a standard 110-volt outdoor receptacle. The lighting defines patios, walkways, and driveways at night, increasing safety and adding a bit of mystique to your home.
- Can define and enlarge space for planting beds.
Installing an outdoor lighting system on your home has many benefits. Not only can these transform the look of your house immensely, but they can also enable daily improvements in the functionality of your yard.
- Appearance. The obvious benefit to lighting up your outdoors is the enhancement of your home’s look. With proper positioning, your outdoor lights can make the architectural features of your home stand out, creating an enchanting façade after sundown. You can also use these lights to create an inviting and colorful curb appeal.
We specialize in residential lighting, with a mastery of how to properly design and install them to suit your purpose. These are LED lighting systems, which are not just bright and long lasting, but also energy-efficient.
- Functionality. Landscape lighting can also play a pivotal role in the way you use your outdoor spaces. If you’re not using a deck or patio after the sun goes down, you could be missing out on a whole lot of fun. After all, there’s no better time to enjoy the cool evening breeze and just unwind from the stress of a long day.
- Safety and Security. A well-lit yard means you don’t have to grope about in the darkness when moving in or out of your building. It also makes your home less inviting to potential intruders, since there are no shadows or dark spots to provide cover.
- Extended Décor. It’s one thing to have bright lights illuminating the outside of your building, but it’s another thing to use those lights for decorative purposes. This is especially true for homeowners looking to enhance the beauty of their property using exterior lighting.
What sets us apart is our more than 10 years of experience in the industry, as well as the high quality of our LED lighting systems. Take advantage of this investment today by discussing your lighting needs with Dreamscapes Landscape & Design. Call us at 360-580-5106 or fill out our contact form to schedule your consultation.
> Add a comment >
After completing a new installation or restoration of a previously installed hardscape project, the logical next step is to sand and seal to protect the surface. A sealer can provide many benefits including easier maintenance, visual enhancement and protection of the surface. Unfortunately, the vast majority of hardscape installations are unsealed leaving the surface vulnerable to the wear and tear of everyday use and the harsh elements. Be sure to protect the investment of a hardscape project with Surebond Sealers to keep it looking be autiful through the years.
Every interlocking pavement system requires the installation of joint sand to minimize paver movement, promote safety and provide an aesthetically pleasing look. The process of joint sand stabilization leads to hardened sand within the pavement joints which in return helps to reduce sand washout, inhibit weed growth and protect against insect infestation.> Add a comment >